Nothing’s more exciting (for us iDevices’ users) than to jailbreak the latest version of the iOS. I am so glad and thankful that the Chronic-Dev Team had released the latest jailbreaking tool for the iOS 5.1.1. It’s called, Absinthe 2.0. The same like its previous version, Absinthe 2.0 is very easy to use. The following procedure is for the Windows users that want to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1:
Note: Make sure that your device is running iOS 5.1.1. Otherwise, update first before Apple will release a new iOS version.
- Remove the Passcode of your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Download Absinthe 2.0 for Windows by clicking HERE.
- Extract the downloaded fie since it’s zipped by right-clicking and running as Administrator. For some Windows versions, like mine, double clicking will do.
- Absinthe 2.0 will then self-extract and creates a new folder inside from what you downloaded. Open the folder (named: absinthe-win-2.0.1) and right-click the Absinthe icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
- Plug-in your iPhone, iPod Touc or iPad that runs with iOS 5.1.1 and make sure that your device is recognized by Absinthe.
- Click “Jailbreak” on Absinthe and let the process continue while seeing the progress bar filling.
- Your device may appear just like “restoring” in iTunes. Leave it like this and wait for the process to finish.
- You will see Cydia icon on your Home screen once it’s done. You can close Absinthe and remove your device from your computer.
- Open Cydia for the first time so it will configure and download all the necessary files. Your device will respring and congratulations you now have a jailbroken iDevice.
Did you jailbreak your iDevice successfully?